And below is a short review for each:
Webnode website builder proposes its customers with no technical background an option of wonderful website creation. If you have no possibility, time or financial abilities to hire the professionals from web-design studios, Webnode might act as one. It will help you to launch a personal website by using different styles, templates, etc. Also, it will cut off extra expenses on freelancers and agents and be a perfect time and money-saving option. The final result of a customers creativity might be published on a personal domain or a web hosting.
Webnode might be the perfect solution for a small business. For example, creating a free website for a small online shop. It proposes customers to sell up to 10 products at online-store. Also, it contains about 1GB bandwidth and 10 MB of storage which might be enough for an average small business representative. One of Webnode’s key advantage is its simplicity and user-friendliness. It is very simple to navigate and operate which makes it possible to create a free website for business within an hour. It has an implemented, simple and user- friendly Editor. It has a simple design and includes all important tools options in a left sidebar which is an indisputable plus. Webnode’s editor gives an opportunity to manage pages, build sites, choose colors, site backups and many more. On the other hand, blogs and web stores are suitable for average users more than for businesses.
Also, one of the advantages that make Webnode service stand out from other website builders is its frequent updates. These options make Webnode online platform reliable and very convenient for almost all types of users considering their business goals.
- Ease of Use. The website builder comes with the intuitive dashboard and logically-structured drag-and-drop editor to provide convenience and minimum effort investment.
- No Coding Required. You don’t have to possess coding skills to design a website with the system.
- Responsive Templates. The themes fit various screen resolutions and sizes of mobile and desktop devices.
- Multilingual Support. It’s possible to create around 20 language versions of your website.
- Lack of eCommerce Functionality. The service doesn’t allow creating large online stores, while small and medium projects lack must-have features as well.
- Limited Design Customization. Templates are predesigned and it’s impossible to change their layout or structure via code editing. As a result, they look similar and lack modern touch.
- Poor Blogging Functionality. It is possible to build a basic blog with Webnode, but you won‘t be able to make it full-featured because of the lack of functionality.
- No App Market. The website builder doesn’t have an integrated app market with multiple widgets and extensions for better website design and performance.
Probably, there is no internet user that hasn’t heard about Wix. Somehow, it may be called one of the biggest players among website building platforms and the average amount of usage is proof to this statement. Wix website builder is a good and stable choice for small business entrepreneurs. This platform made specifically to turn websites creation into a simple and convenient process. Wix online platform has won over thousands of users around the world since 2006.
The main advantage of this websites creator is its user-friendliness and simplicity in usage. It is pretty understandable for a newcomer as it is for a web-designer.To successfully use Wix website creator users don’t need to be genius programmers or highly-skilled web designers. One can create every type of website in a few hours and clicks. Simple as that! There is a possibility to choose a different design, formats, prints, etc.
Wix has a significant range of templates to be chosen which very convenient for a final website design. This might help to create an extraordinary and remarkable website “look”, so your website will stand out. It is definitely a plus. Wix might be considered the best option for creating a paid website. Despite this fact, Wix has a free trial which is quite unlimited with included features and templates.
On the other hand, there might be some slight aspects that may be considered as disadvantages for some users. For example, annoying advertisements that are at the top of the screen on the desktop. Fortunately, it can be avoided in a Combo monthly package which includes an own domain and cost $13 a month.
However, despite almost similar functionality with other online platforms, Wix has a significantly higher price for an eCommerce package than its direct competitors (e.g Ukit, Webnode, Weebly) Also, the domain URL is pretty long which is very hard to remember.
- Great value for money and help features
- Highly intuitive and easy-to-use editor
- Highest public recommendation of any website builder
- May have to spend more on third party apps to scale your website
- Can’t switch templates after your website goes live
- The sheer choice and amount of customizable options can be overwhelming
Weebly online platform considered to be one of the best at the market of free websites builders for small business. Mainly, it consists of advantages. It has an included 500MB storage in a monthly free package which is quite good.
Also, it has an implemented AppCenter which can propose some additional features as SEO website promotion and others. Mostly, SEO settings might be changed for each page separately.
Considering the advantages that most overweight the disadvantages, Weebly website builder might be a very good option for creating your own small business and monetizing it. Weebly might propose a premium plan with an included additional tools as their competitors do. These are unlimited storage, customized domain, etc.
Weebly website builder has a pretty simple interface that makes work comfortable and easy. It doesn’t include unnecessary functions, which is an advantage. Temporary domain and template might be chosen right after registration. You’ll need to enter your name, contact data, links to social media and the job’s done!
The price for a paid monthly plan usually starts at $8. However, it also has some weak points like ads which constantly flash at the top right corner of the screen.
- Really helpful SEO guides in Weebly’s help and support center, for advice on coding, keyword optimization, and tips on boosting your site’s ranking
- Best website builder for small businesses, with all the basic tools you need to build a great business site, or even an online store.
- Cool customizable templates – all Weebly’s themes are simple, stylish, and mobile responsive, and you can even switch between them.
- No personal restore option, so if your site goes down you’re totally reliant on the Weebly support team to restore your site for you.
- Drag-and-drop customization is limited – unless you’re confident with code (and feel comfortable using the Weebly Code Editor), you might find Weebly frustrating in its lack of creative freedom.
- No ADI option – Artifical Design Intelligence (ADI) is where a website builder uses information you provide to automatically create a site for you, saving you time. With Weebly, you have to create your site manually.
Ucraft might be a leader in a category of free eCommerce platforms that propose implemented features no other can’t. For example, it gives an option of a domain creation for free. Additionally, it may propose an SSL for free also!
Ucraft proposes a wide space for creativity. Every user might create and add his own video, image, template, etc. It is only a matter of a few minutes and the job is done! There are four website editing options like “Design”, “Builder”, “Pages” and “Adaptive Site View”. Weebly is a highly customized platform that will do its best shape your portfolio as you like. Customers have an ability to use Weebly editor in order to set up font pairs for a website and change the uploaded images. A user can select only 2 fonts (for a heading and the rest of the text) and set their display options in details (interline spacing, size, font type, the spacing between letters). These settings are available in the “Design” section.
However, some of the customer reviews might show that this online platform for small business is quite complicated for an average customer because of an Editor. Despite the free trials and the number of proposed functions for free, a lot of customers hesitate about these options duration which is not good for brand credibility.
There is nothing much better for online stores launching. On the other hand, it won’t fit big corporations, holdings, and supermarkets. Apart from that, users might face some troubles with a page’s creation for every product separately. Every user can add some main buttons to the website interface. These are price lists, order and add buttons, etc.
Product widget is a highly convenient option made for creating various websites. It is integrated into a software functional. It has many options and functions (e.g adding pictures, descriptions, pop-up windows and sign-up templates.
This online platform proposes an option of different templates changing, adding and creation. It gives 1GB storage and ability to include about 10 products for free in online-storage. However, it does have some cons like old-fashioned developer tools used in the creation of a website.
And what about Webstarts compatibility with other devices? Unfortunately, Webstarts’ free plan might be not so highly compatible with mobile devices. Also. it won’t propose an option of SSL encryption. It is included additionally in paid packages that start from $8 a month.
Webstarts counts to be one of the best free eCommerce website builders in the Web. Its free plan includes an option of blog creation and further access to it. Also, there is an ability to propose and sell your products by creating an online store. SEO implemented functions may promote it within an Internet and attract potential customers.
- Brilliant for sites that need their images to stand out
- Completely free plan available
- Free built-in security and analytics
- Not as easy to use as ‘pure’ drag-and-drop website builders or design assisted platforms
- Fewer features than other platforms like Wix or Squarespace
- Not ideal for complex websites with specific requirements