And below is a short review for each:
Mobirise is rated as one of the best offline website builders out there today. It is completely free, whether you are using the application for business or private purposes, and you don’t need any technical or coding knowledge to build your websites offline. With this software, you can create anything from landing pages to blogs to small/medium websites on both Mac and Windows platforms.
Building a website offline with Mobirise is as easy as selecting blocks and drag-and-dropping them onto your page. Mobirise also offers several different preloaded themes that users can choose from.
Once you have completed your web page, you can host it on a variety of places, including your local drive, Google Cloud, Github, or Amazon S3.
This builder is completely free. However, you have to pay for an extension and upgrade.
- Installation is easy and quick.
- You can add a wide variety of elements to your websites, including image/content sliders, contact forms, social buttons, mobile menus, and Google font blocks.
- Templates are attractive and responsive.
- Templates are based on Bootstrap 3 and 4, which are the most powerful available frameworks for the development of mobile-first websites.
- Mobirise boasts and easy-to-use and intuitive WYSIWYG editor that boasts drag-and-drop functionality.
- All websites that you create with Mobirise are mobile-friendly.
- The need to buy and set up hosting and domain name on your own
TemplateToaster is a powerful website builder offline software that offers a variety of great features. Although this software is not free, a trial version is available that you can use for as long as you won’t—just be aware that all templates created with this version will have a watermark that says “evaluation version.”
TemplateToaster’s best feature is the fact that you can use it to create high-end and responsive templates and themes for many different content management systems, including WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and Drupa, as well as eCommerce platforms like OpenCart and Prestashop. You can also create templates for Blogger and HTML websites.
To boot, TemplateToaster also offers excellent customer support. If you need technical help, you can contact their helpdesk that is available 24/7. You can also exchange tips and ideas with other users by joining their robust user forum.
If you want full functionality, you can opt for the Standard Edition at $49 or the Professional Edition at $149. The main difference between the two editions is the availability of premium features like custom logos and element level bookmarking. As is the case with Mobirise, no programming knowledge is required to use this software. However, unlike Mobirise, TemplateToaster only works in a Windows environment.
- Templates and themes are compliant with the latest standards in web development, for instance, W3C and Bootstrap.
- Responsive template and theme designs that look good across all devices, including tablets, smartphones, and PCs.
- An intuitive interface that offers drag-and-drop functionality and a wide array of add-ons that include stock photos, stock logos, and social icons.
- The ability to create attractive and exciting slideshows.
- An easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor that makes for effortless designs and modifications. It offers all the features you may need, including hyperlinks, font properties, text indents, tables, and image browsing.
- The ability to draw and add as many widget areas, modules, and regions to your website as you see fit, which helps with navigation if you have a content-rich site.
- It is not available for MAC operating system.
After Adobe announced that it would be discontinuing Adobe Muse, Adobe Dreamweaver has gained a lot of traction among users. It is a powerful webpage builder that caters to the needs of proficient web developers with some coding knowledge. If you are a beginner, it will take you some time to master the intricacies of the system.
If you have any questions about the software, you can search for answers in the Help Center, and you can also join the Community Forum to share ideas and experiences with other users. Otherwise, Adobe offers online and phone support.
The pricing policy of Adobe Dreamweaver includes a free trial that you can use for seven days. If you decide to purchase the software, you can opt for the Individual Plan at $29.99 a month. It will give you more than your money’s worth as you’ll get 100GB of cloud storage space, social media tools, premium fonts, a personal portfolio site builder, and much more.
- Seamless integration with other Adobe products such as Photoshop CC, After Effects CC, InDesign CC, and Animate CC.
- Integration with third-party systems like Github, Business Catalyst, and Bitbucket.
- Support for Bootstrap 4 for improved coding editing, which simplifies website creation.
- The ability to download themes and templates from other external sources, as well as integration with Joomla, Drupal, and WordPress themes.
- A real-time browser preview.
- A dynamic code editor.
- Steep first-time learning curve and a complex interface.
WebSiteX5 is another easy-to-use website builder that you can use offline to create websites, blogs, and online stores. Although it only works with Windows, you can run WebSite X5 in a Mac environment by employing VMWare of Crossover.
If you do not want to use the hosting service offered by WebSite X5, you are free to use another external hosting one.
Clients can choose from three license types with Website X5: Start at $19.99, Evolution at $79, and Professional at $229. All of these fees are once-off payments, and there are no monthly subscriptions. With all three licenses, users receive a free domain, web hosting, and free updates for one year. With the two higher-priced permits you’ll be privy to more available customizable templates, royalty-free images, and web pages, as well as added advanced features like SEO optimization, database integration, blog pages, site analytics, and customer registration.
- An interface with drag-and-drop functionality.
- The ability to create and import all kinds of content, including images, animations, video, audio, contact forms, product catalogs, HTML code, navigation menus, and much more.
- Mobile-friendly designs.
- The ability to create multi-lingual websites.
- The ability to modify template elements like texts, fields, buttons, and menus.
- You can also modify any preset graphics.
- Over 900,000 royalty-free images.
- Parallax effects.
- Lackluster reporting tools
RapidWeaver is a powerful site builder that is geared specifically for the Mac environment. It boasts all the latest macOS technologies like Document tabs and iCloud and can be used on macOS 10.12 and later. As is the case with some of the other site builders mentioned, RapidWeaver is super easy to use, and you don’t need any previous coding experience.
If you have queries or problems, you can contact RapidWeaver’s customer support helpdesk. The company also offers free training material, such as in-depth articles and video tutorials, and clients are welcome to join the available user forum.
To purchase RapidWeaver, you pay a once-off price of $99.00. There are no subscriptions, no limitations on the number of websites you can create, and all updates are free.
- A device simulator that gives you previews of what your site will look like on different devices, including iPhones, iPad, and iMacs.
- Responsive websites.
- Excellent support for social graph tags.
- Over 50 built-in themes, as well as access to third-party items.
- A built-in FTP engine.
- A live external preview that displays changes automatically.
- SEO optimization.
- Integration with the world’s largest free online photo library, Unsplash.
- An intuitive and easy-to-use interface with a drag-and-drop feature.
- Over 1,500 available add-ons.